Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Handling Claims for Office Worker Injuries and Illnesses
When people think of work-related injuries or illnesses, they tend to think about heavy and laborious industries such as construction sites, manufacturing plants and factories. An office setting is not often viewed as a dangerous place of employment because many office workers spend a majority of their day working behind a desk. Most people overlook or are unaware of the potential hazards that exist in office environments.
The reality is that office workers are at risk of suffering work-related injuries and illnesses just like many of the other industries. E.S. Borjeson & Associates, a premier Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation law firm, is dedicated to helping injured office workers throughout the state of Pennsylvania.
Potential Hazards Risks to Office Workers
Employers are required to provide and maintain a safe working environment for their employees. Appropriate safety and training measures are not always implemented. Office worker injuries or illnesses can occur suddenly or over time for a variety of reasons including:
- Physical hazards: falling objects, electrical cords in walkways, file or desk drawers left open, loose carpeting or flooring, slippery surfaces, unstable chairs
- Environmental hazards: Airborne chemicals, noise, poor ventilation, inadequate lighting, broken equipment or furniture
- Task-related hazards: repetitive motions such as using a computer keyboard or talking on the phone, long hours of standing or prolonged sitting, inadequate task rotation or rest periods, lifting heavy items, poor workstation design, overexertion, sedentary work environment
- Psychological hazards: stress or anxiety from work pressure
Common Injuries Sustained by Office Workers
These workplace hazards have the potential to cause a wide variety of injuries ranging from minor to traumatic. Some of the more common office-related injuries or illnesses include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries such as strains and sprains to the neck, back, shoulders and wrists
- Slip, trips and fall injuries including head trauma
- Lifting injuries
- Vision problems
- Hearing loss
E.S. Borjeson & Associates: Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Representing Injured Office Workers
If you have sustained an office workplace injury or illness, we encourage you to contact the Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers at E.S. Borjeson & Associates. We handle all types of work-related injury cases and have a comprehensive understanding of Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation law which enables us to effectively evaluate your potential Workers’ Compensation claim and protect your rights. We can assist you in all aspects of the Workers’ Compensation process including the filing process and any necessary appeals. Our law offices are conveniently located in Philadelphia to serve clients throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania, including Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia County. Call us today at 215-772-3020 to schedule a free consultation with a reputable Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation lawyer or submit an online contact form.